Giorgio Ermanno Anselmi (1873-1961) was senator of the Kingdom of Italy and, in various forms, head of the Provincial Administration from 1920 to 1934. Elected President of the Deputation in 1920, he remained at the top of it until 1926, when a royal decree dissolved it together with the Council. Anselmi was then appointed Extraordinary Commissioner of the Agency until 1929, when the reform of the Provincial Administration wanted by fascism repealed the Elective Assembly and replaced Deputation and Council with the institutes of the Dean and the Rectorate, of royal appointment. The first headmaster of the Province of Turin, in office from 1929 to 1934, was again Giorgio Anselmi.
Provincial Deputation is the name that assumed the executive for the whole sixty years of Liberal Italy.
It re-emerged in the first years after the Second World War to become the Provincial Council with the elections of 1951.
Significant evidence of the tastes of a refined collector, is the library of the lawyer and senator canavesano, donated with the entire archive to the historical library "Giuseppe Grosso".
Anselmi Fund's works, not all of Piedmont, but all of valuable bibliographical value, reflect the cultural trends of a family of scholars and professionals who had distinguished themselves, at different times, in the field of legal studies, medical and theological-philosophical.
Senator Anselmi was also the first president of the Gran Paradiso National Park and a lively promoter of public works, especially in the area of mountain roads and inland navigation; and it's precisely with regard to inland navigation that we must point out a huge collection of publications, which are a real reservoir of data of global importance for those who do research in this area.
With regard to the bibliographical heritage of the fund, there are some areas of local interest worthy of note, especially if you refer to the Piedmontese publishing in general and Turin in particular. The sixteenth are about forty.